What information we collect
TOMRA Recruit collects the following job seekers data where this is provided to us:
All job seekers::
- Name of candidate
- Email address
- Contact details
- Work experience history
- Education history
- Notice period
- Salary expectations
- Driver’s license
- Previous information if worked for TOMRA (all countries except Germany)
- Legal right to work (all countries except Germany)
For some countries::
- Criminal convictions (only for China, New Zealand, and Australia)
- Injury and medical conditions (only for United States, China, New Zealand and Australia)
Information collected only for regulatory reporting purposes::
- Gender (for United States, New Zealand, and Australia)
- Ethnicity (for United States, New Zealand, and Australia)
- Veteran status (for United States)
- Disability (for United States, New Zealand, and Australia)
Purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data
We process your personal data to make a decision on the establishment of an internship, apprenticeship or employment relationship with us. The legal basis for this is Art. 6 (1) lit. b GDPR for the initiation or implementation of contractual relationships. Furthermore, your personal data will be processed if this is necessary to fulfill legal obligations (Art. 6 (1) lit. c GDPR) or to defend legal claims against us (Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR) is required.
Requirement to provide personal data
You are not obliged to provide information about your personal data. However, please note that if you do not provide certain personal information for the application process, we will not be able to establish an employment relationship with you. We recommend that you only provide personal data in your application that is necessary to carry out the application.
If we initially must reject your application, we may ask for your consent to store your personal data in our talent pool beyond the end of the specific application process. This enables us to maintain contact with talented applicants and to inform them about suitable job vacancies in the future.
The storage and processing of your applicant data in our talent pool is based on the legal basis of Art. 6 (1) lit. a GDPR, your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time without giving any reason for it, and your data will then be deleted.
When and how we share your personal data with others
We only pass on your personal data within our company to those departments and persons who need the data to fulfill contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interests.
The data will be visible to the hiring manager for the position, the local HR/P&O department and assigned system administrators. If the hiring process is administered through an agency, your data will be visible for the assigned person in the agency. TOMRA does not intend to transfer personal data to a third-party system.
Transfer to a third country
The applicant management system is delivered by a company outside EEA/EU. To ensure the necessary safeguards for transfer of your personal data to countries outside your home jurisdiction, we have put in place appropriate security precautions and safeguards (among them, the conclusion of a Data Processing Agreement or contract and the latest Standard Contractual Clauses and additional security measures) to ensure the protection of your personal data and compliance with laws on data protection.
No automated decision-making
TOMRA Recruit does not use automated decision-making within the meaning of Art. 22 GDPR.
How long we keep your personal data
|Category of information
||Information is deleted after
|Applications (rejected or withdrawn)
|Information about hired candidates
|Record of talent pool candidates
Users that leave TOMRA will be de-activated in TOMRA Recruit, making the data invisible for direct managers. The data will then automatically be deleted 1 year after de-activation. Assigned system administrators will have access to data of de-activated users until it is deleted.
Your rights concerning your personal data
At any point while we are in possession of or processing your personal data, you, the data subject, have the following rights:
- You can request access, correction, erasure, or updates of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. Contact details for data protection authorities in the EEA, Switzerland, and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available here.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to TOMRA Systems ASA, Drengsrudhagen 2, 1385 Asker, Norway, Attn: Privacy – Data Protection Officer. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.