TOMRA Sorting Solutions is a multi-national organization and a leading provider of sensor based sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industries. Developing state-of-the-art technologies, optimizing customers' production flow, and helping to deliver consistent high quality output have been our strengths for more than 30 years in the food industry. Our US Food division is based in Sacramento, CA. and we are always seeking talented and passionate individuals to join our organization.
The Field Service Engineer position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there will be travel, both domestic and international. Initial training on our systems will be conducted in the West Sacramento facility.
The Field Service Engineer will schedule and perform on-site installation, service, and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Qualified candidates, located near a major airport, should apply online as these positions will fill quickly!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications.
- Perform all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup.
- Analyze, evaluate, and diagnose equipment problems independently.
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system.
- Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits.
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Mentor junior level Field Support Engineers both technically and administratively.
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Note: Essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section.
- Experience in field service and customer support.
- Experience in electronic system troubleshooting a plus.
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits.
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope.
- Assist and support customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates, and management.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary.
- Spanish and other languages are a plus!
- An Associate degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, or industrial engineering is preferred.
- Extensive travel (~80%) by car and by air, with overnight travel required.
- Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Initial training is provided at the Denver facility for all candidates, ranging from several weeks to several months, depending on experience. Some training abroad as necessary.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to pass criminal background check.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to email@example.com.
August 31, 2018