Roles and Responsibilities Sales & Application Support Engineer
- Assist the Area Sales Managers (ASM) and the customer in determining how our machines will meet the customer’s needs.
- Demonstrate machinery to customers in the demonstration facility & during sales presentations.
- Set up and/or design and organize tests to conduct functional, operational, environmental, and life cycle tests to evaluate performance and reliability of machines.
- Provide technical support related to specification changes.
- Share responsibility with the rest of the SASE team for the cleanliness and upkeep of both the demo hall and the test & demo machines.
- Share responsibility with the rest of the SASE team to maintain the demo hall, keeping it customer-ready and the machines in optimal working order.
- Prepare reports on Test & Demonstration results. Will require to analyze data, draw conclusions and recommend next steps and final machine configuration.
- Travel for service visits with Field Service Engineers and customer visits with Area Sales Managers to ensure understanding of customer challenges.
- Conduct on site demonstrations, training and commissioning in support of new product introductions.
- Conduct end-user training sessions on operation and maintenance of installed equipment.
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation.
- Local customization of sorting products to meet customer requirements. This may involve mechanical and/or electrical design, budget preparation and project management.
- Assist in managing local Engineering Change Control.
- Identify potential improved sorting product system performance and component opportunities to reduce costs, improve performance and improve reliability.
- Provide technical support related to component obsolescence and specification change issues in consultation with Group R&D function.
- Work with TOMRA Corporate based sorting R&D engineers on product and engineering matters as required.
- Provide technical support to TOMRA vendors as required.
- Provide applications support to the markets in house and at customer sites using in house spectrophotometer and other diagnostic tools. Submit and document applications data on company applications database for group wide reference.
- Work with supply chain personnel and sales staff to clarify technical matters relating to sales proposal technical details and subsequent specifications when orders received.
- Prepare reports on research for Applications Development as well as manuals & procedures for developed products or processes.
- Provides application support internally and externally. Takes responsibility of application related issues and makes sure everything is done to ensure maximum customer satisfaction
- Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, lifting of up to 75 lbs.
- Good verbal and non-verbal communicator, speaks with clarity, assertiveness
- Competitive, strives for maximum performance
- Customer minded
- Good positive drive
- Team player
- Eager to learn
- Eye for detail
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Can deal with pressure and deadlines
- Looks continuously for improvements
- Challenges self with the others of the team
- Is critical and high demanding
- Can deal with stress and unexpected issues
- Coordinates own projects and follows up accordingly
- Is pro-active
- Always looking for new opportunities
- Takes responsibility and doesn’t make excuses
Bachelor in Technology / Engineering preferred; extensive field experience will also be considered.
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Available to travel 50%+
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to TSS-Common-HR-Den@tomra.com