Tasks include, but are not limited to, front-end communications with product and project managers regarding requirements and solutions, analysis and definition of electronic system design alternatives, and daily technical guidance of engineering activities within the team.
The electronics system architect is responsible for defining the structure of the developed electronic system and the interfaces between individual work products of the hardware, optical, software and electrical teams.
For design activities, the electronics system architect must be capable of creation and analysis of multiple design alternatives. Then selecting the most suitable options to refine to a final design by making balanced design trade-offs over different disciplines and assessing such alternatives based on given or self-defined criteria.
In addition, he/she must take a hands-on roll in the management of our PCBA development and sustaining activities
Roles and Responsibilities:
Electronic Systems Architecture
- Work with functional team leaders (including hardware, software, optical, mechanical & electrical) to drive the development and realisation of an electronic systems architecture for our food sorting machines
- Ensure the architecture is well documented, meets the product requirements and fits into our longer-term technology strategy
- Take strategic decisions related to the selection of electronic systems components and technologies (including PCBAs, PCs, Sensor systems, Harnessing, Electrical and automation systems)
- Manage the specification, design and procurement of PCBAs using internal and external teams
- Manage the sustaining engineering and obsolescence of the existing PCBA portfolio
- 8+ years of experience in system architecture definition, including:
- Hands on experience in electronic system design and the management of electronic component development
- Sound technical background and knowledge of PC and embedded processing hardware (including FPGA, ARM Processors, GPUs and DSP)
- Experience in areas of:
- PCBA design/production
- Sensing & Imaging systems
- Electrical systems (industrial power panels)
- Control and automation (PLCs)
- Industrial protocols and interfaces (e.g. OPC, Ethernet/IP, MQTT)
- Leadership and project management skills
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Solution oriented, proactive, service oriented, customer oriented
Solid experience in planning, executing and delivering high-tech systems in a fast-paced environment
Masters or PhD in a relevant Engineering discipline (e.g. Electronics)
How to apply?
Send your CV to Tara.Boland@tomra.com