The Global Product Support Expert ensures that the technical support engineers and field service engineers have the necessary support in order to provide the best service to the customer, ensures that the information/documentation about their product is up to date and can be accessed by anyone. He/she works closely with internal departments to improve worldwide support in our service department and beyond.
Roles and responsibilities
- Technical product support for Field Service Engineers (phone, email, office).
- 3th line support for clients in territory & beyond.
- Keep up to date on the latest products, sensors and sorting algorithms.
- Attend installations, services and optimizations to follow on developments.
- Execute trainings for field service engineers in interaction with the Training Team.
- Work with the R&D team to ensure to get all necessary documentation.
- Create spare parts recommendations and coordinate larger spare parts packages in corporation with the R&D project team.
- Develop solution for discontinued parts and upgrade packages.
- Crosslink to other departments in terms of new product launches.
- Give feedback and be the bridge with other departments.
- Give ideas about improvement possibilities, this to increase quality, efficiency, profitability…
- Follow up critical installations and upgrades to result in a successful project.
- Be the link to engineering or operations for escalation of recurrent issues and be the project leader until the solution.
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering.
- Working knowledge of basic electrical power circuits and PLC circuits would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of computer hardware &configurations is considered to be necessary.
- Experience in belt and optical detection systems is an advantage.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates and management.
- Excellent communication skills in English, other languages are considered a plus.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- You are willing to travel (30% of work time will be connected to travel, initially more for training purposes).
- A bachelor degree in Electronica or Electro-Mechanical Engineering.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a service engineer is a must.
- You like to work both independently and in an international team.
- You like variety, you adapt yourself easily to different environments and you are eager to learn and evolve.
- You communicate smoothly and efficiently.
- You are flexible.
- You act positively, proactively and customer oriented.
- You are a team player.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.