- Develop and implement procurement strategies for an assigned commodity (components & subassemblies) to meet TOMRA’s strategic objectives.
- Needs to acquire an in depth understanding of the global market, supplier sourcing, risk and performance management.
- Is a member of the Strategic Sourcing Team within the Procurement Department.
- Is a leading member of the Steering Committee, which is a multidisciplinary team deciding on Supplier selection, Supplier approval, Part allocation and Make or Buy decisions.
- Has a close interaction with the Tactical Buying team in the TOMRA factory in Slovakia.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Define and implement Commodity strategies (supply management and sourcing strategies) to ensure - cost target, supplier quality, delivery, lead time, inventory, performance and risk mitigation - goals.
- Build and maintain supply intelligence through efficient supply market scouting.
- Identify, evaluate, select, and integrate new suppliers and technologies.
- Manage supplier relationships - negotiate pricing & T&C - draft vendor agreements.
- Drive improvements (cost, quality, on-time supply, product performance) through cross-functional alignment with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Drive early involvement of suppliers in the Product Creation Process and develop roadmaps that align business requirements with industry and supplier capabilities
- Contribute to improve the Procurement processes and increase transparency and efficiency.
- Optimize the supplier base to create leverage to generate competitive advantage, drive standardization across development centers.
- Monitor the markets worldwide to create the optimal sourcing strategy and build a world-class supply base.
- Generate, document and implement savings, e.g. annual price productivity; plan, monitor and report on relevant KPI to contribute to the success of the business and make results transparent
- Anticipate any challenges or disruptions in supply or quality and provide alternative solutions.
- 5+ years’ experience in Strategic Sourcing
- Interested in state-of-the-art technology
- Strong negotiation skills
- Pragmatic workstyle
- Structured and analytical
- Willingness to travel internationally
Master’s degree in Techical or Economical field or comparable skills and knowledge.
- Strong verbal and written English skills
- Relationship builder & strong networking skills
- Hands-on mentality & problem solver
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Entrepreneurial attitude
Interested? Please send your resume to TSSfirstname.lastname@example.org