Your background in SW Engineering allows you to fully grasp the intricacies and complexities of software and software architectures. This allows you to meaningfully interact with the SW engineering group on topics such as effort estimation, issue prioritization and system and code architecture. You are comfortable challenging technical domain experts such as architects, developers and UI/Ux designers on choices made, and are able to drive technical conversations to actionable conclusions.
You have extensive knowledge about, and practical exposure to various agile methodologies such as Kanban, Scrum and Extreme Programming and how to practically apply these at scale. At TOMRA we are firm believers that each team and project is unique, and that processes and tools should be adapted to the project or problem at hand. As such, you are comfortable in a very dynamic environment and can adapt the way of working based on the teams' and the project's needs.
As a project manager, you act as an ambassador for your project(s) internally and externally. A vital part of this is keeping all stakeholders informed about the status of the project, both formalized through reporting and having created the necessary dashboards, as well as informally through face to face discussion, emails, etc.
Through your stakeholder network and together with the value team you negotiate on scope, deliverables, and timings. Furthermore, you are expected to plan the team’s activities (e.g. design, implementation, testing, and documentation) together with the team. Progress is closely followed-up and potential deviations are proactively flagged and remedied.
As an experienced leader you should have a proven ability to motivate, train, inspire, and encourage direct reports and project teams. Above all, with a focus on keeping morale high and promoting a positive team environment!
Master’s degree in Computer Science or commensurate experience as a software engineer.
- You have a minimum of five years' experience working in a similar role.
- You are fluent in Dutch and English, both oral as written.
- You have a working knowledge of software project methodologies, with a strong focus on agile.
- You have experience in at least a few of the following algorithmic topics: image processing, real-time processing, statistical classification, machine learning, sensor technologies.
- You have a broad understanding of all software development domains such as coding, architecture, DevOPS, Software QA, UI/Ux.
How to apply
Please send your application and CV to TOMRA HR.