We are looking for a Software Technical Lead to join our team and help drive the high-level technical design of the software system used in some of the latest TOMRA Food sorting machines. This person should be able to take responsibility for the full design of the system which combines consideration not only for software, but also hardware and technology integrations, providing technical support and guidance for the development team.
- Analysing the business requirements of stakeholders and designing architectural approaches which allow the team to transform these requirements into innovative and maintainable technical solutions.
- Completing system architecture reviews on both a high level and an individual component level to create and maintain deep technical knowledge of the system.
- Selecting the appropriate technologies for implementations and component connections.
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation and diagrams that can be shared with the team and other stakeholders.
- Managing decisions on how to balance the evolution of architecture design with project deadlines.
- Plan for newer technology integrations and evaluate any risk or impact associated with new changes to architecture.
- Technical mentorship and guidance of a development team to ensure newly designed sections are compliant with the overall system architecture.
- Collaborating with colleagues across various TOMRA offices to share knowledge, initiatives and standardize designs and processes where appropriate.
- M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 5 + years industry experience in a similar role.
- Structured mindset with a good ability to analyse problems and organize solutions alongside project milestones.
- Ability to assume a leadership role alongside one of a mentor.
- Strong skills in documentation, presentation and communication.
- Experience working in an agile development environment.
- Knowledge of software development for Windows.
- Good listening skills and empathy, good problem-solving skills.
- Experience with embedded SW systems C/C++.
- Hands on experience bringing to life critical components.
- Knowledge of OPC, Modbus.
- Experience working with systems with real time constraints, processing pipelines, AI machine learning a plus.
- Experience with Python, C#, gRPC a plus.
- You are fluent in English, both oral and written.
- You are willing to travel, on average 2-3 days per month.
Interested? Please send your CV to: TSS-Jobs.BE@tomra.com