The scope of your work will cover all aspects of optimizing the existing machinery and designing new machines. You will write algorithms for image processing and data processing in C++ in order to program the control of the machines and implement graphical user interfaces. Since this is a specialized technology, we will provide you with training-on-the-job. After completing the training successfully you will understand the different sorting technologies of our machines thoroughly and be able to design innovative technology. You will work in a multidisciplinary team on the complete software design and development of our sorting machines. When needed, you will provide an internal training regarding the newest developments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Writing technical software for new applications
- Maintaining existing (legacy) applications
- Testing of applications developed by the software team (at the customer site if necessary)
- Providing training regarding these applications
- Actively participating in co-creating the architecture of our software products
- Working with Scrum and TDD in a multidisciplinary team
- (Technical) communication with the hardware and applications departments
You have a passion for software development using new technologies and tools. You know how to transfer innovative and creative ideas into feasible solutions. A proactive, flexible attitude and responsibility characterize you. You have an analytical mind and a pragmatic attitude applies to you. You feel comfortable in an initiative role and, although you are a great team player, you have no problem working independently to achieve the organization's ultimate goals. Since you are proactive and love to work in a structured manner, you have the ability to handle multiple projects in a short period of time. Multitasking is fine by you and you are able to cope well with deadline pressure. You consider yourself to be a self-starting person who is highly result-driven and constantly focused on quality and continuous improvement. Since you have adopted a getting-things-done spirit, you don’t mind a challenge. You are able to reach out and connect with other disciplines easily in order to share, develop and teach knowledge about the newest technology.
- At least 3 years’ similar working experience, preferably in the automation (assembly) industry
- Experience with image processing is considered a plus
- A solid understanding of software architecture, OOP & OOD is a must
- A demonstrable experience with Git, Perforce, Visual Studio, Eclipse, BOOST and AngularJS is considered a plus
- Proven experience with the full lifecycle of testing, including defining design- and acceptance specifications - therefore you are able to provide clear and brief technical documentations
- Solid experience with an Agile environment, able to use and understand Scrum
A Bachelors’ or Masters’ degree (e.g. computer science, information management or equivalent degree and/or experience)
Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both oral and written
How to apply
Send your resume to TSSemail@example.com.