- Plan and conduct user research with customers to gain insight into the food sorting industry along with gathering feedback on usability improvements and new feature opportunities for TOMRA machines.
- Based on research, create innovative user interface and machine interaction experiences while coordinating with other initiatives from product management, engineering and software development.
- Provide all visual design stages of a UI project, from initial concept to hand-over of design specifications to software/engineering department.
- Generate wireframes, user-flow and process flows to communicate and document interactions and user interface concepts.
- Present UI designs to product management, SW developers and other stakeholders.
- Produce and maintain style guides/design system, user interface tools and graphical assets as required.
- Promote UX guidelines and UI standards across the organisation.
- Assess, critique and advise developers on their implementation of UI-UX designs.
- Assess and gather feedback from users on implementations through testing methods.
- BS in UI/UX design or related discipline, Human Computer Interaction or Interaction Design.
- 2 years industry experience in a similar role; creating wireframes, user flows, process flows and storyboards.
- Proficiency in Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and other visual design and wireframing tools.
- Excellent skills in visual & verbal presentation and design, good graphical design skills.
- Must be willing to travel to customer sites and engage directly with users.
- Practice of, or familiarity at least with current design process methodologies and techniques.
- Strong ability to sell and defend ideas, concepts and designs.
- Good listening skills and empathy, good problem-solving skills
- Applicant should have a portfolio of past and recent work to showcase their skills and capabilities.
- Familiarity with current mobile UI and UX design a plus.
- Up to date with current and future trends in user interface and interaction technology and techniques.
- Experience with usability research & testing.
Interested? Please send your CV to TSS-Jobs.BE@tomra.com