AREA SALES MANAGER: Roles and responsibilities
1. Ambassador and relationship builder
- Is ambassador and relationship builder and establishes the commercial basis for a good cooperation with international prospects
- Is responsible for the whole sales process from prospection up to the signing of the contract within the assigned market segment and communicates with service in order to ensure an optimal flow of the (n²ew) customer relationship.
- Builds an international network of agents and performs market research in order to come to a smooth service of the customer potential.
2. Process monitoring of the sales within the assigned segment
- Searches for interesting prospects and initiates partnerships in the assigned countries
- Finds it challenging to explore and fully build up new markets and loves travelling
- Acquires actively the technical knowledge on the sold machines
- Is responsible to achieve the set turnover
- Cooperates actively in drawing up the forecast on sales
- Considers a minimum of 80 days abroad as a plus
- Invites customers and prospects for demonstrations
- Keeps commercials relations continuously updated on new, interesting applications and current projects
3. Expanding the network of agents
- Draws up offers for the customer/prospect on the requested application
- Searches for solutions and keeps on going in order to make longer sales projects successful
- Is specialised in one or more specific areas of sorting applications
- Monitors and spreads specific applications
- Draws up careful reports/communication to customers
- Ensures that the commercial data provided by the company are kept up to date
- Prepares international fairs in order to build customer relationships
- Makes contacts on international fairs
- Encourages customers and prospects to visit the stand
- Monitors the contact in order to achieve to sales activity
- Explores the market in order to have an image on the possible sales potential
- Remains informed on the activities of the most important competitors in order to always remain one step ahead
Must haves for the function:
- Technical degree or experience in selling large capital equipment
- Experience in selling long project sales cycle
- Strong networker & communicator at all levels
- Down to earth and open, honest communicator
- Analytical thinker, able to implement a structured approach
- Result oriented and eager to learn by listening to market need
- Experience with capital goods and food industry are important plusses
- Higher technical, commercial or industrial engineer
- General Office Packages
- Very good knowledge of German & English is a must.
- Knowledge of an extra language is a plus.
The selected candidate will be given extensive training in Europe, followed by on-the-job training in EMEA.
Would you like to be part of this team? If so:
- Have you worked with sales of technical equipment before? Direct sales, customer service?
- Do you have an understanding of business to business sales?
- Do you enjoy the autonomy, independence and fast decision making process from working in a company that is growing very fast.
- Do you enjoy prospecting for new clients, to recommend and to close deals with customers.
- Do you have the adaptability to different interlocutors and markets (very good interpersonal skills)?
- Do you have the potential to grow with our company?
- Network and knowledge in the food sector is an advantage.
- Ability to travel in EMEA ( +/-80 days/year)
Are you ready for this challenge in Koblenz?
If so, please send your cv to TSSemail@example.com
Deadline: 31 July 2016