TOMRA Sorting is privileged to have a large install base with prestigious Indian Food companies, where our solutions protect their name, brands, reputation and give them commercial advantage. As the world’s largest food sorting company with the highest technology offers, the opportunities are both exciting and enormous.
- The RSM will grow, manage and motivate the Indian sales team to success.
- The RSM will lead/ manage the local ASMs and be responsible for their own customers. (territory divided by geography / strategic customers). The RSM / ASM’s are responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting (finding and developing the lead) up to the signing of contracts. Sales will be a combination of existing customers and finding new customers.
- The RSM will be responsible for achieving the annual sales budget target (personal and the teams). This will be achieved by the management of customer leads and opportunities, performing customer tests and demonstrations (with customer products on TOMRA machines in our Saitama demo hall), ensuring strong relationships with the existing install base, marketing campaigns and exhibitions, etc.
- We build strong relationships with our customers. The RSM will assist and guide the customer in their Optical Sorter and Steam Peeling needs. They will bring together TOMRA industry expertise and insight to deliver a solution for the customer which benefits them commercially and operationally.
- Is ambassador and relationship builder and establishes the commercial basis for a good cooperation with prospects. This is particularly so with the larger Indian food company groups.
- Work closely with our Indian agent - mutually support each other to achieve common objectives.
- Assist in develop and execute on the rolling 5-year strategy for the territory. This includes identifying new opportunities for developments (new areas we do not sell into, etc)
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the next stage in the growth and development of TOMRA food India, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka.
- The RSM will have overall responsibility for the Area Sales Managers operating in his region. The RSM will use his/her experience to build, mentor, coach and develop their team to grow and outperform.
- The RSM will have charge of daily sales activities continuing to achieve ambitious sales targets and build a sustainable pipeline of future opportunities. Ensure all is recorded on the CRM system.
- Assist the Regional Sales Director APAC in accurate monthly and quarterly sales / opportunity forecasting and in creating future budgets.
- The RSM will assist in negotiations with own directly managed customers or in support of the ASMs with their customers. The RSM’s experience and strategic direction should be invaluable.
- The RSM will take a strategic lead and develop and evolve the business plan/strategy to meet the growth and ambitions for the Indian market. They will develop and execute yearly plans in accordance and to ensure we stay on target.
- Will be responsible for local market intelligence, marketing/promotion, planning, trade show attendance and overall growth of region and/or applications, including competitor analysis and trend monitoring. Be a step ahead.
- The ‘voice of the customer’ is critical to what we do. The RSM must listen, understand market and customer needs, and ensure TOMRAs offer address these needs and be of value to the customer. Where there is an unmet opportunity of significance the RSM should identify this to the Director and for the organisation.
- Be the champion to ensure customer satisfaction within the region. Communicate with operations, Service or any relent parties to resolve issues.
- Must be knowledge on the industry trends, comfortable in TOMRA application expertise and experience and be able to provide insight and value to our customers.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work under own initiative.
- 10 years plus of experience in selling large capital industrial equipment.
- Must have excellent techno-commercial skills
- Strong networker and communicator at all organisational levels. Must have experience in selling to larger Indian companies and operating at a ‘C’ level.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large sales areas and key accounts
- Must have led and managed a team in previous role.
- Good technical background is a must
- Excellent teamwork skills are critical
- Knowledge of and selling to the Food processing industry an advantage.
- Strong track record of success in developing and growing markets a must
- Ability to travel intensively a requirement. Anticipate frequent customer meetings and occasional trips to Asia and Europe for internal meetings, training or customer visits.
- B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or General Engineering
- Any professional business training and qualifications a plus.
Extensive training including professional 3rd party sales training will be provided.
- General Office Packages
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Proficient in English (verbal and written) is a must.
- Competent in MS Office packages
How to Apply
Please send your resume to TOMRA HR.