As a Mechanical Design Engineer at our company you will be part of a team that is responsible for research, design and the development of new technologies that allow the company to remain competitive and to meet the specific requirements of the market/customer.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is able to combine a solid technical background and a talent to translate theoretical knowledge in research, design and development to practical application with a focus on efficiency and cost minimization. You will support the internal production organization within all phases of development in order to guarantee a stable course. This includes ensuring that the necessary documentation of designs are developed and help enable a flawless installation of and training on the application. You will also participate with the design, development and optimization of existing machines/applications by means of projects or in response to specific questions from customers. You will contribute to our overall goal of providing high quality products that require minimal service.
Roles and responsibilities
- The design of (new) prototypes/parts, including drafting, testing and validation.
- Making design changes for the development of new applications, resolution of technical issues or cost reduction measures.
- Supporting sales with market research through cost-benefit analyses.
- Offering internal and external support on questions pertaining to applications relative to your area of expertise.
- Cooperation on technical improvement of the applications and making improvement proposals.
- Providing of necessary information relative to composing production files, as well as contributing to the composition of the technical manual on the new design or application.
- Project Management; Making price requests prior to starting the design of special or unexpected items; Placing the necessary orders after approval; Monitoring the assembly of new applications and the timing of projects closely.
- A bachelor or Master's degree in mechanical engineering, mechatronics or equivalent.
- A minimum of seven years "hands-on" working experience, preferably in the design of food processing equipment.
- Solid mechanical experience extended with an interest in optics and electrics.
- Experienced and highly-effective user of SolidWorks.
- Knowledge of the latest production techniques.
- Ability to self-motivate and a hands-on and flexible attitude.
- Basic project and time management skills or attitude.
- Team player attitude.
- Excellent communication skills in Dutch and English oral & written. Other languages are considered to be a plus.
- Willing to travel abroad to customer locations and other TOMRA locations (± 20 days / year).
- Additional knowledge in pneumatics, electronics and PLC.
- Experience with food product handling systems.
How to apply
We offer you a varied and interesting job in a high-tech environment with a competitive salary and attractive fringe benefits. If you meet the profile and you would like to work in a dynamic company with an open and informal culture, please send your application to email@example.com.