The Field Service Technician position is ideal for a self-motivated adventurer, as there may be travel, both domestic and international. Initial training on our systems will be conducted in the West Sacramento facility.
The Field Service Technician will schedule and perform on-site installation, service and repair of complex agricultural sorting equipment and will verify and approve the equipment's operational quality.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package. Applicants should apply online as these positions will fill quickly!
Roles and responsiblities
- Install new or modified equipment at customer facilities to ensure full functionality according to specifications
- Perform all mechanical, electric, electronic and optical tuning and setup
- Analyze, evaluate and diagnose equipment problems independently
- Conduct customer-training sessions on utilization and basic maintenance of system
- Service and maintain installed equipment and preventive maintenance visits
- Manage and control tools, test equipment, technical documentation and other assigned equipment
- Prepare and submit applicable field service documentation
- Mentor junior level Field Support Engineers both technically and administratively
- Perform on-call, standby duty and travel as needed
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to, instructing/training customers on operation and maintenance of equipment
- Note: essential functions may not be limited to the tasks and responsibilities listed within this section
- Equivalent experience in electronic system troubleshooting is a plus
- Experience in field service and customer support
- Mechanically inclined with experience in mechanical automation a plus
- Working knowledge of basic analog and digital circuits, electrical power circuits, PLC circuits
- Working knowledge of basic test equipment such as oscilloscopes and voltmeters
- Experience with mechatronics systems a plus
- Knowledge of computer hardware and configurations
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to work on problems of diverse scope
- Excellent professional customer skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, internal and external associates and management
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with customers in the English language are necessary
- Spanish and other languages are a plus
- Ability to obtain a US passport
- Road Warrior!
An Associate’s degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, or industrial technology a plus
Other skills and abilities
- Extensive travel by car and by air, with overnight travel required
- Good driving record
- Job requires frequent bending and kneeling, climbing, lifting of up to 80 lbs
- Willing to work in varied environments, agricultural equipment and industrial plants
- Initial training is provided at the West Sacramento facility for all candidates, ranging from several weeks to several months, depending on experience
How to apply
Submit your resume to email@example.com before 1/1/2017.