The Quality Engineer will apply engineering principles in improving processes and standardization. Will interact with internal and external customers on concerns and requests and resolve quality issues through the implementation of permanent corrective actions.
At TOMRA we expect our engineers to be flexible and responsive to the needs of both our customers and our team members.
Role and responsibilities
- Responsible for set up of quality control, quality records and documentation.
- Works with engineers in resolving complaints from customer.
- Ensure assemblers follow the processes that are in place.
- Responsible for the tasks of production quality.
- Co-operate in maintaining and improving the quality management system.
- Provides support for processes in terms of quality.
- Ensures process inspection.
- Ensures recording and complaints solving from customers.
- Monitors internal nonconformities and provides improvements.
- Maintains, improves and organizing the calibration of measuring instruments.
- Monitors errors solving initiatives and follow up actions.
- Obligation to work according to internal procedures, processes and instructions.
- Obligation to comply with legislation and internal rules on health and safety, fire protection and environmental protection.
- Participates in training and occasional business trips.
- Contributes behavior in the workplace that fulfills quality policies and objectives and complies with obligations under the corporate quality management system.
- Active work on preventive / continuous improvement actions in order to improve quality, health & safety and environmental topics.
- Works in IFS (TOMRA Enterprise Resource Planning tool).
- Leads audits and accompanies auditors.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Quality role.
- Experience interacting with customers, systems, process and product audits.
- Knowledge of 8D reports.
- Knowledge of quality tools.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OSHA 18001.
- Wants to work on challenging problems with smart people.
- Has a keen attention to detail and is good at identifying inconsistencies and flaws.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings in metric dimensions.
- Displays metalworking knowledge and experience, particularly with stainless steel.
- Strong communication and facilitation skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team.
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic systems, and working knowledge of electrical systems.
- Knowledge of metrology, MSA.
- Basic statistical knowledge.
- Cross-cultural competence.
- Strong computer skills.
- Frequently involved in hands-on problems and solutions.
How to apply
Send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.