We are seeking an experienced, dynamic, technically savvy Area Sales Manager (ASM) to be a part of our Sales team at TOMRA. We are the world-leader (by revenue and technological advancement) in the design and manufacture of hi-tech industrial sorting equipment. Our machines employ lasers, high-speed cameras, and other advanced technologies to inspect and detect out-of-spec products and foreign material which is then removed from the stream using jets of compressed air. Our customers are large farmers, food packers and processors many of whom are household brand names.
We are already established within the region with major national companies who rely on TOMRA equipment to ensure end customer quality, safety and to enable productivity advantages.
Roles and Responsibilities Regional Area Sales Manager
- Achieving Annual Revenue [Machine Sales] Targets for Products in the territory through own direct sell and via Agents (some established – others to develop)
- Take charge of daily sales activities continuing to achieve ambitious sales targets and build a sustainable pipeline of future opportunities
- Work with and evolve the existing business plan/strategy to develop the SE Asian marketplace for greater penetration and growth across sectors and countries. Develop and execute yearly plans in accordance and to ensure we stay on target.
- Responsibility for local market intelligence, marketing/promotion, planning, trade show attendance and overall growth of region and/or applications, including competitor analysis and trend monitoring.
- Understand market and customer needs, and how to position TOMRA's offers to address these needs. Understand and articulate the customers’ business case for positioning our products and the USP's generated. Where there is an unmet opportunity of significance the ASM should identify this to the Director and for the organisation.
- Must be a self starter and able to work under own initiative.
- Develop the marketplace and achieve sales growth targets.
- Be the champion to ensure customer satisfaction within the region. Communicate to TSS Food Operations manager any issues.
- Fostering and maintaining excellent relations with customers. Follow up on all customer questions regarding their products and support issues.
- Update of Sales Force CRM database for territory.
- Proposal generation to territory customers meeting TSS Food policy on pricing and terms directly or through TSS Food resources.
- Order confirmation generation to territory customers meeting TSS Food policy on pricing and terms and conditions.
- To ensure regular visits made to customers in a planned and cost effective manner.
- Keeps Director informed on any issues which impact sales effectiveness and customer relations.
- Be technically proficient regarding all products sold.
- Offering customer solutions to their problems rather than stand alone products.
- Report on competition sales and product activities to Director.
- Regular visits to customer sites meeting owners, production, finance, engineering, operations and maintenance personnel
- Regular visits with agents/OEM’s to agent customer base.
- Regular visits with and support from TSS Food Area Sales Managers.
- Technical resource for customer and TSS Food staff related to Products.
- Ensuring all relevant proposals, order confirmations, updating CRM package are maintained in accordance with company policies
- 10 years plus of experience in selling large capital industrial equipment.
- Must have excellent commercial skills
- Good technical background is a must
- Demonstrated expertise in managing large sales areas and key accounts
- Excellent teamwork skills are critical
- High tolerance for working under occasionally stressful conditions
- Understanding of the food processing industry is a significant plus
- Experience in developing and growing markets a significant advantage
- Ability to travel intensively across the region and more internationally
- Demonstrated experience of doing business across the region is essential
B.S. in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Electrical or General Engineering
Any professional business training and qualifications a plus.
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required. Proficient in English (verbal and written) is a must.
Knowledge of other regional languages a plus (Thai, Malay/Indonesian)
How to apply?
Please send your resume to TSSemail@example.com