Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- Implementing and establishing ISO 9001 (certification in July 2020).
- The QC will do process landscape modelling with the use of Microsoft Visio.
- He/she is responsible for the continuous improvement of the ISO 9001 and will support and coordinate the ISO 9001 audits.
- The QC provides support to the Quality Management System and ensures process inspection.
- The QC prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analysing and summarizing information and trends including failure processes, stability studies, recalls, corrective actions, and re-validations.
- The QC coordinates all activities of CFB´s (Change for Better) and ensures that improvements are made in the long run.
- The QC will have his/her office in the production in Koblenz. There will be a meeting of all Quality Coordinators on a regular basis.
- Frequency of travel: 10-15 % (once a month for one or two days).
- Stakeholder: Several/all departments within the company (Stakeholder Management is very important).
- The QC is part of a young and inspiring team. There are eight persons in the Quality department, most of them in Germany. The QC is sharing one office with the Quality Engineer, the HSE-Expert and the Quality Technician.
- The Quality Coordinator reports directly to the VP, Head of Operations Recycling & Mining located in Koblenz.
- The Quality Department in TOMRA is divided in three different focuses: Supplier, Internal and Customer.
- When it comes to the ISO 9001, not every small word should be taken for granted – rather ISO 9001 should be seen as a guideline.
- The QC should implement and establish ISO 9001 in July 2020.
- The process landscape should be modeled with Microsoft Visio.
- The ISO 9001 should be improved continuously.
- Internal reactance could be expected when it comes to understanding and writing down the processes of the different departments – the QC has to cope with that.
Knowledge, skill requirements and competencies
- Technical or business-related apprenticeship (preferred) OR bachelor degree in engineering/business.
- Experience in the quality field (min. 3 years); quality expertise related to production processes.
- Experience with or knowledge of ISO 9001.
- Advanced English skills (minimum C1 level).
- Knowledge of MS-Office, Excel, advanced PP-knowledge, Word, Outlook. Experience with ERP.
- Experience with Microsoft Visio (must-have).
- Six Sigma Greenbelt (must-have).
- Certificate as “Qualitätsbeauftragter” from TÜV Süd (must-have).
- Certified Auditor (nice-to-have).
- Good communication and organizational skills, structured and process-oriented person.
- Very good in establishing relationships, networker.
- Good attitude, self-motivated, assertive, pro-active, goal-oriented, self-dependent.
- Ability to analyse and solve complex problems quickly and creatively while considering the customer's perspective in proposed solutions.
- Likes to work self-dependently, has to deal with an environment that is strongly growing and where clear structures are missing.
- Should have an affinity for environmental issues (plastics..).
- Should preferably not come from Automotive industry. Mechanical Engineering / production is the industry of choice.
- The position is a challenging position in an informal, dynamic, international and growing business.
- Opportunity to work with high-tech solutions in fast growing and sustainable industries.
- Excellent development opportunities within TOMRA Sorting for the right candidate.
Are you interested? Send us your motivation letter (indicating your desired salary) and CV to Jobs.DE@tomrasorting.com