The focus of this position as Software Developer is the development, optimization, maintenance and documentation of software for TOMRA’s sensor-based sorting and analysis systems. You will work in a dynamic team where a strong cooperation with other working groups is required. Some travelling will be required too.
- Development and test of software for new sensor-based sorting machines
- Extend, optimize and verify existing software
- Work on issues reported by Service or Production department
- Cross link to other departments (electrical design, service, production)
- Give support to colleagues from service and production department
- Contribute ideas about improvement possibilities (quality/ efficiency)
- Produce technical documentation
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Software engineering skills
- Solid understanding of interfaces between hardware and software
- Good English skills spoken and written, at least basic knowledge of German
- Good skills in image processing, pattern recognition or machine learning are of advantage
- Degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent with job-related experience
- Excellent technical problem-solving, troubleshooting, and follow-up skills
Working at TOMRA means: a Norwegian business culture, free beverages and fruits, International SOS, 30 days holidays, great colleagues, modern offices, high-end smartphone also for private use, company events (Christmas Party, Summer Party), Münz company run, company soccer, we support employee development and subsidize a group accident insurance and pension scheme. Working in a growing and international company offers employees plenty of ways for development and broaden their horizon. Apart from this, at Tomra, we truly embrace diversity.
Are you interested? Submit your application with desired salary and notice period to
“Dr. Frank Schmitt”: Jobs.DE@tomrasorting.com
Email Subject: “Software Developer”
We are looking forward to hearing from you!