The Shop Tech will be responsible for testing, repairing and performing routine maintenance on our reverse vending machines and associated mechanical assemblies and components. The individual will be responsible for set up, test and repair of new and refurbished RVMs including troubleshooting, installation, and customer training on machines.
Welding and Fabricating:
- Must be able to Stick and Mig Weld
- Use cutting torches/ plasma cutters
- Experience with (but not limited to): power saws, hand saws, power grinders, cutters, drill presses, etc.
- Trouble shoot and repair conveyor equipment and components
- Repair and replace: motors, gear boxes, chain drives, rollers, belts, etc.
- Install and repair compactors
- Troubleshoot and replace electric circuits and systems
- Experience using: volt, amp and ohm meters (digital and analog)
- Must be able to reach schematics and blueprints
- High school degree or equivalent
- More than three years' experience in shop repair and/or assembly
- Employee is required to use hands to assemble, disassemble and repair mechanical components and RVM machinery.
- Must be able to regularly lift up to 50 lbs and frequently push/pull up to 150 lbs.
Please forward your resume to TOMRA HR or via fax at 203-929-9269 (Attn: Recruiting).