Our parent company TOMRA is the inventor and the world's leading manufacturer of reverse vending machines (RVMs) with over 75,000 installations worldwide. We are involved in container deposit schemes in Europe, North America and Australia, collecting and recycling more than 35 billion containers a year.
Our cloud-connected and digitally-enabled RVMs allow consumers to collect refunds on their bottles and containers via electronic payments, discounts and vouchers - or to donate to charities of their choice. More at www.tomra.com. Here in NSW, TOMRA and its joint venture partner Cleanaway have won the exclusive right to operate the NSW container deposit scheme 'Return and Earn' that began operating on 1st December 2017.
As part of the scheme, TOMRA Collection Pty Ltd will roll out a network of reverse vending machine 'kiosk' installations. While there will be other components of the scheme, TOMRA's RVM kiosks will be located mainly in shopping centre car parks.
About the Position
- The objective of the position is to give technical support and follow up on TOMRA’s reverse vending products. You will be required to interface with our partners (shopping centres who host the installations), technicians and system users.
- You will creating an environment within the technical organization that encompasses liaison with vendors and internal stakeholders, providing all possible technical and functional information required to ensure smooth processes and information sharing.
- The position will be responsible for creating and compiling market-specific recognition databases based on the different RVM types and ways of handling the different used beverage containers, as well as analysing data gathered from the RVMs installed in the market.
- Additionally, the role will involve delivery of full functional training to local hired Technicians and Service Centre Operators, to ensure that the service organisation is well educated and has a comprehensive understanding of the products and future developments.
- The Product Expert will follow up, report and analyse installed machines according to Service Level Agreement; suggest and implement performance-improving actions; and maintain and monitor training material and product documentation.
- This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the roll-out of reverse vending machines in Australia.
About the Person
We are looking for a motivated individual who feels they can represent TOMRA in a positive manner and take pride in the work that they perform. That means making sure our equipment is always running correctly and is functional at all time. The individual that we are looking for will be able to deliver on tight deadlines and produce quality results.
Skills and attributes required for the role
- A good understanding of technology
- An interest in emerging technology
- Ability to learn and adapt new concepts
- Solution and result driven
- Strong ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to share information and coach internal stakeholders
- Wants to continue to grow and expand their knowledge
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Additionally, we are looking for people whose history demonstrates professionalism, reliability, and a sense of pride in what they do
- B.A. Engineering - Mechatronic, Mechanical, IT, electrical and software preferred
If you feel you have what it takes to thrive in this position, please send your application to AUS.HR@tomra.com.