With its headquarters near Koblenz, Germany, we at TOMRA Sorting thrive on innovation, responsibility and passion with a common goal of making a sustainable difference for our planet. With 15 offices worldwide and a network of local agents and distributors, we design and manufacture sensor-based sorting technology for the global recycling and waste management, food, and mining industry. Our technologies help businesses to save resources & reduce waste, and by this, improve environmentally friendly production processes.
The Digital Technology Owner for TOMRA Sorting Solutions (TSS) drives the technical evolution and development of all new digital solutions, including backend, frontend, and applications. Staying up to date with the technical development in the area of Internet of Things, Big Data, mobile computing, cloud & web technology and creating applications that push TOMRA Sorting to the next level is his/her passion and motivation. As the TSS Digital Organization is being created right now, there is a lot of freedom to shape the global digital development organization across all TOMRA Sorting Business Streams (Food, Recycling, Mining).
- Forming and leading the cross-functional and global Development Network of internal and external experts, performing the 3rd Level Support, i.e. the core development for new features & applications and for the machine connectors
- Steering and controlling the technical development of the digital solutions, including the edge devices, connectors (machine & business), cloud infrastructure and backend (MS Azure), data structures, as well as the frontend (Sitecore)
- Managing the releases of the digital solutions and the development backlog, assessing the feasibility and required effort for new requirements, features, and applications
- Supporting the continuous development and bug fixing & security patching of applications once they are in operation and being delivered to the customer, handling and ensuring technical resolution of incidents & requirements
- Acting as the overall Scrum Master for the different development teams across the global Development Network and owner of the code repository
- Master’s Degree or other degree preferably in computer science or engineering combined with a business background – alternatively 5 years of work experience in a similar role …
- A pragmatic & hands-on, structured approach, experience in agile methodologies, frameworks and tools, e.g. DevOps, Scrum, ITIL, Visual Studio, Microsoft Team Services, Jira, …
- Strong background and experience in Microsoft Azure cloud technology, microservices and APIs
- Experience with other cloud frameworks also welcome, familiar with technologies like Sitecore (Content Management System), Microsoft Functions, Docker, MQTT, JSON, C#, SQL, Cosmos DB, Java, Node.js, C++, Hadoop, Spark, Stream Analytics, …
- Believing in globally distributed, cross-functional network organizations
- Good command of English (fluent)
- Willingness to travel internationally and work with an international team (NZ, Europe, USA, etc.)
Why TOMRA? Go online and find out about TOMRA Sorting Solutions. We are on Social Media such as Youtube, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook!
Submit your application to:
Email Subject: “Technology Owner TOMRA Insight”
Sent us your motivation letter, CV and certificates, plus desired salary and start date!