TOMRA Group Feature Articles
HolyGrail - intelligent sorting to achieve a circular economy for packaging
HolyGrail is a revolutionary digital technology that can enable better sorting and higher-quality recycling rates.READ MORE
TOMRA supports Clean4Change initiative
Team collects 76,560 pieces of litter in global clean-upClean4Change 2022
Only 2% of plastic packaging is recycled in a closed loop. What about the other 98%?
The demand for plastic continues to grow and, currently, only 2% of plastic packaging is kept in a closed loop. What can be done to change this?READ MORE
Unlocking the circular potential of polyesterene
TOMRA is here to change negative misconceptions about Polystyrene (PS) and prove that this material is not only recyclable, but incredibly valuable.READ MORE
What is the circular economy?
The circular economy is transforming the way we use and reuse resources, reducing waste and improving the sustainability of our planet. But what is the circular economy, and how does it work?read more
Reduce, reuse, recycle: what is a circular economy for plastic?
TOMRA explores the potential of the circular economy in helping to achieve environmental targets and how to achieve a circular economy for plastic.read more
How consumer convenience can influence the success of EPR systems for packaging waste
High-performing EPR schemes are built on a combination of five design principles, with convenience being a fundamental pillar that most directly impacts a consumer’s role in the system.read more
Global trends in EPR schemes: producer responsibility for consumer packaging
EPR schemes ensure that companies take responsibility for the collection, sorting, and recycling of the packaging they place on the market, from start to finish.read more
What is Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR)?
Learn more about Extended Producer Responsibility: What is it? Why is it important, and what does it mean for manufacturers, and others in the value chain?READ MORE
How system integrity helps achieve higher packaging recycling rates
System integrity is critical to a trusted, reliable, and effective system. Learn more about the final design principle in this series.read more
Driving resource efficiency with packaging targets
Analysis of EPR schemes shows that creating a trifecta of packaging targets drives resource efficiency. Read more about the second EPR design principle covered in this series: Performance.read more
Increasing the circularity of packaging - can resetting how recycling rates are calculated help?
EPR schemes have the power to advance the circular economy, but they need to be designed properly. There are five design principles of high-performing EPR schemes. The first is Circularity.READ MORE
5 ways the circular economy reduces waste and increases value for people and planet
Here are five examples of circular economies that are transforming industries and already in action across the globe, including container deposit schemes for closed-loop recycling.READ MORE